Monday, April 11, 2011

Design Wall Monday 2011-04-11

Not much to show this week, but I continue to make slow progress on the GFG.  Even when I don't have time for anything else, I can try to do a flower and feel like I've made a little progress.  This is how big the center will be - 5 x 5, so I have 5 whole flowers, 2 partials, and 6 single pieces left to add.  This was a trial project to see if I like this technique; I do and I have several other ideas for hexagon projects so I'm going to finish this at a lap quilt size and move on.  I will probably handquilt it, though, so I'm sure it has at least another year before it is usable!


I haven't added anything for several weeks to Judy's Design Wall Monday - it's nice to have something to share, and be thinking about what I might have by next week!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your flower garden is looking good. Will you put a batting in it too? Haven't done one yet so was curious.

Chris said...

I have been working on my GFG for about 7 years now. haha. It is taking a long time and the hand quilting will take me another 7 LOL

Quilty Conscience said...

Very Pretty!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty spring (grandmother's) garden!

Melinda said...

Lovely GMFG! One of my favorite quilts is my Christmas GMFG.

Kristen King said...

I have been working on my GFG for 11 years now! Yours looks great, and hopefully I will be able to post my progress next week. Funny thing is, I just joined another hexagon group project!