Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stashbusting Report 2011-03-06

Good stashbusting this week - I got busy and got some stuff done!  First, I used 8 yds of flannel to make 3 more blankies for Project Linus - just need to find out when the next blanket work day is so I can take them with me.  And I pulled out a completed top, got it ironed, sandwiched, pinned, quilted, and bound.  I'm pretty excited about it - I like how it came out.  I am learning that if I am going to use my machine to quilt, I have to use a fancy stitch with a sideways component to help ease the fabric through and not have too much shifting of the layers.  Still working on my technique, but it's getting better.  This is the Warm Wishes pattern from Quiltmaker in honor of Project Linus.  The back and binding get counted this week as a bust.  The quilt finished at about 40" x 62".  I did the diagonals in a pretty teal blue, then switched to pink to outline the squares since I was going to run out of teal.




Used this week: 10.08 yds
Used YTD:  57.8 yds
Added YTD: 34.3 yds
Net bust: 23.5 yds

3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Nice job! That quilt is very pretty.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Oh I love your decorative stitch for the quilting! I'm going to try that on my next baby quilt!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the pink and green. Did you know that's the new black and white? Of course, so is chocolate and turquoise. Anyway, it's pretty! -- The Sister