
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Design Wall Monday 2011-02-28
Thanks to everyone who answered my question about whether you read these posts even if they're not added Monday morning to the Design Wall post on Patchwork Times. Even though I'm posting Tuesday, it sounds like plenty of people will be reading it!
I'm not doing too much piecing at the moment, as my February goals (which I didn't start until the last week because the January goals took longer than I had planned) are primarily finishing tops that are already mostly/completely done into finished projects. But I did start one new project, a second hexagon quilt. This will be sort of a commemorative quilt of different fabrics I have used. Since I give away so many of the quilts I make, I liked the idea of doing something with a small swatch of fabric. These are the first two diamonds - the green/gold/blue is something I've used in the past couple weeks - guess I better get a post up showing those tops! The green/purple/floral is from our girls' weekend Linus quilts last year. These hexies are a little smaller than the ones for the GFG quilt, and I am REALLY liking working with them - I can just baste them in the fabric in the corners instead of also going through the fabric and paper in the middle of each side, so they are going much faster and also seem to be more accurate. This will be very much a long-term project, but as I finish projects I'll do the diamond.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I've been away this week so I am starting my reading at the end. Anyway, I was at an antique shop today and they had a hexi diamond quilt hanging on a line, wrong side out. I flipped it over and it was really beautiful so I went in and told the clerk (no quilter worked there, I'll bet). They wanted $300 for it but I'll bet it was worth more.
I like your new start.
I love hexies of any shape, size or colour. Yours are just lovely.
Wow, you sure got your work cut out with the hexies - looking good!
Post a Comment