Sunday, May 23, 2010

Stashbusting Report 2010-05-23

Darn it, didn't get to break even this week.  Just didn't get much sewing time.  But I did get the first two of the four kindergarten quilts put together, which counts for 2 yards used.  I gave each group plenty of squares of the monkeys and two other colors, and they picked how to lay them out:


Like many quilters I know, I managed to get distracted.  I cut out strips to make 2 more disappearing 9-patches, and the back/binding for one of them.  The good news is that these go together so quickly, and I will have completely used up some pieces from the stash when these are done.  And that is my goal - to use up entire pieces, not just reduce how much of each one I have!

Added YTD: 28.5 yds
Used this week: 2 yds
Used YTD: 26.2 yds
Net: 2.3 yds added

Next weekend is my big bust - I've very excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute monkey fabric! Were the kids watching each other lay out the squares? Nice project to share with the whole class. Marcie