Last week's post had lots of pictures; if you enjoy seeing the pictures and haven't read it already, go see it!
This week's focus was on the project with my son's kindergarten class, which is going pretty well. I went in Tuesday, talked a little with the class then had them lay out their patterns. They were divided into their table groups (this ended up being an extra good thing, because their names are taped to their spots at each table, so I could peek when I didn't know a child's name), given a bag of the monkey feature fabric plus two tone-on-tones that coordinate, and had their choice of three patterns to try. Out of a diagonal stripe, square on point, or X, all four groups chose the X. Good thing I gave each group a different combination of colors - no two will look the same. Then I tried to show them how to fold some rows onto others and stack them up so they are ready to sew, but that didn't go so well. I'd planned for that, though - I took a picture of each group with their layout, so now we are just recreating them at home.
These are simple 7x7 squares with a single border, so they'll sew up very quickly and be about 36" square when done. Today, we recreated two of them and I got them sewn into rows. Nothing completely assembled yet, so no stash busted - but next week should be good. I also played around and cut out stuff to make three more simple lap quilts, so now I need to spend lots of time at the machine!
No change to the report this week, so:
YTD Added: 28.5 yds
YTD Used: 24.2 yds
Net bust YTD: 4.3 yds added :(
With everything I have cut and ready to go, I should be able to get that back to 0 this week! Then at least I won't be on the wrong side of the fence when I link here from Judy L's Stash Report blog!
2 comments:
you're a brave woman, sewing with kindergarten kids! So fun, but so BUSY!
I can hardly wait to see the end results of the kindergarten project. I love working with that age group...they're game for anything!
Post a Comment