The first project was the Quilts for Kids. You may remember I ended up with 3 kits to do, and then I wanted to add one of my own for each of those. They are finally done, quilted, bound, washed, mailed, and I got the notice that they have been received. Hallelujah! There was absolutely nothing wrong with working on these kits, but I got a little tired of being only able to focus on this (self-imposed because it took so long to get done, and so I'm glad to be able to move on to some other things. Here are the three from the kits they sent:
And here are the three I added:
The second major project involves my 6-year old and his kindergarten class. They have learned a lot about patterns, and I asked his teacher if I could come in and have the kids help me lay out a couple simple quilts. We are going to make 4 quilts that are each about 36" square. Somehow, I ended up buying 23 yards of fabric to support this - would someone please explain to me how I ended up with that much!?!? Actually, as we were cutting it out, I decided that I would have the kids sign two squares each, and will turn them into lap quilts for the teacher and the afternoon assistant as a end-of-year gift. So having overbought maybe is a good thing. I've actually cut up all the fabric into backs, binding, borders, and squares, so anything that doesn't get used for the first 6 quilts will be quickly used up. In the meantime, I wanted to make a couple samples of the different possible patterns, so I made these three from stash:
The last thing I've been working on is just trying to use up stash. I put together this little quilt this past week - all from leftovers. I have a hard time doing truly scrappy - you'll notice there is still a pattern to it - but it does get some miscellaneous pieces out of the scrap bin:
I'll be getting together with Mom and Sis in a couple weeks for our annual Project Linus work weekend; Sis is the master tie-er and so hopefully I'll have lots of backs and bindings to count soon! Since the elementary project fabric is cut but not sewn yet, it doesn't count for anything, but it will also get counted soon - and then I should be back in the black!
Fabric Added YTD: 28.5 yds
Fabric Used YTD: 24.2 yds
Net bust: 4.3 yds added















1 comment:
You've been very busy and all for a good cause. They're nice and bright and sure to be loved.
Post a Comment