Sunday, April 4, 2010

Stashbusting Report 2010-04-04

YAY!  Not only did I get something finished this week, but it also counts for yardage used!

This is the first of my 3 additional Quilts for Kids (you may remember that I had requested three kits to do with Mom and Sis, but life got in the way and I decided to do them all myself to try to get them done in a somewhat timely manner).  I had finished the top a couple weeks ago, then did the machine stitching and binding this week.  I really like this Tessellation pattern - it goes together so quickly, so you'll probably be seeing lots more as I try to use up fabric.
The bobbin thread was a variegated - it doesn't really show in the picture, but it definitely adds some life since the backing is a solid yellow (out of my stash).
I get to count the back and the binding this week, so my numbers for this week are:
Added this week: 0 yds
Added YTD: 2.5 yds

Used this week: 1.25 yds
Used YD: 16.7 yds

Net busted: 14.2 yds

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this quilt, and it came together with nice precision. I loved the variegated thread on the back - I hadn't known about that before. Mom

Barb in Mi said...

I love the quilt - was this an actual QfK pattern? I had received the 'usual' 4 patch pattern from them. And then with my additional quilt from my fabric stash the m/c quilting tension went bad and I couldn't ship it... still picking out the stitches

Judy in Michigan said...

Hi Sarah, Love your quilts and I admire your dedication to the QfK cause. Hope to meet you sometime soon.