Saturday, January 30, 2010

Stashbusting Report 2010-01-31

Wow, I was tempted this week.  I stopped at JoAnn Fabrics with not one but TWO good coupons.  I ended up getting a couple different battings, two pre-packaged and one off a roll, to try since I can't find the one that I used to really like.  Dodged that fabric bullet, but it was close.  Pretty good report to share this week, I think.  I didn't post last week, so first I'll show pictures of two lap quilts I finished then: another one from the pink/green chain set (sideways, but oh well!)...

This ended up kind of long and skinny - I'm not crazy about it, but it's not too bad.  I was trying to use up all the blocks, but I think that big pink strip should have been skinnier.  It will be a charity quilt, and hopefully someone will just know that they are cared about when they see it.  There is enough of this set of fabric left for one more top - I'm still trying to figure out what I can make with the pieces I have.  Once I put a set of fabric together to use up, I like to use the whole set at once, though I will obviously have a few pieces left over that go in the scraps bin.

Another little pink and green one that I'd cut out some time ago.  My 5-year-old son helped me lay it out, and picked this arrangement.  He's supposed to be working on patterns for his kindergarten homework - I'm sure they never meant it like this, but I figure it's good practice!  It sewed up nice and quick:
And the next project, some very bright Log Cabin blocks.  I made one baby quilt out of these several years ago.  There were four blocks left over, plus a lot of the fabric.  I've made 14 more blocks, for two tops which are already assembled but not yet photographed.  The rest of the fabric will make at least three, maybe four more - but those will be a different pattern.

So counting the fabric from the two pink/green lap quilt tops that are done and the two Log Cabin tops that are assembled, my numbers are:

Added YTD:  0 yds!

Used the last two weeks:  5.3 yds
Used YTD:  7.6 yds

Net busted:  7.6 yds
Man, that used number seems to move so slowly!  At least I'll have lots of little charity quilts out of it, and will enjoy making a drop off!

Check out how everyone else is doing over at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Quiltsmiles said...

Good for you in not acquiring more yardage this past week. Way to go. Lovely quilts too. Jane

Tamera said...

You Go Girl! It's wonderful to involve your little boy. What a great way to work on patterns!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

wow! great restraint! I also resisted the urge of the JoAnn coupons that were expiring :) glad to hear I am not the only one to fight this!

Lori in South Dakota said...

your little boy is good at picking patterns--check quilters cache-those blocks are similar to "arrowhead" blocks.