I finished a second top out of the green floral / pink / green set of fabric using Disappearing Nine Patch (D9P). I generally am trying to use up fabric in sets, and make one pattern out of it. But I try to make each quilt a little different, so this is one row longer than the one I did last week. That means there is both a full green diagonal stripe and a pink one. I took pictures from both ends, interested to see if it changed which color showed more dominantly. But there's only one top. I'll have either two or three more out of this fabric before we move on to the next set.
Argh - I was cutting the next set of fabric, which was supposed to be all 2.25" strips, and then was cutting some of the leftovers of this which were supposed to be 2.5" squares, and cut them smaller. So now I have about a dozen squares that are wrong - will have to figure out what to do with them!
This used up 1.3 yds, so my totals are:
Used YTD: 2.3 yds
Added YTD: 0
Net Bust 2.3 yds (goal 150 yds)
Check out the other stash reports at Judy's site!


5 comments:
I love the pink and green!
Doncha just HATE it when you cut stuff wrong???
Oh well, it would make a good little donation baby quilt?
You are making good progress in getting your fabrics used up.
I'm sure you'll figure something out, even jsut having a strip of the smaller pieced blocks used in the backing. Your D(P quilt looks nice.
anything with green is good! I do love that way pink and green play together.
Very pretty little quilts. I'm currently making 2 twin quilts using the same pattern. I love seeing how the same pattern, can look so very different using different fabrics.
Post a Comment