Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stashbusting Report 2009-10-25

First, some pics of things I've been working on:




The Stack-n-Whack Baby Quilt. The top is now assembled (9 total SnW blocks, plus the sashing) and I've started hand-quilting it.



The Black-White-and-Read-All-Over Top. A play on that old joke about a newspaper, but this refers to the fact that the black fabric has a music theme. I built the design around using up the red and white polka dot fabric, left over from a previous quilt, and like how it turned out! This will go in the pile for sister Annie to tie at our next Linus workday, probably next spring.

The stash report this week is great. I finished the flannel blankies, 28 in all, to use up almost all of the flannel I had in my stash. There's still a little more, but it will wait a while because it's going to involve piecing to use up the last bit. It will feel really good to actually get those all delivered to Project Linus, and reclaim the space in the room - but it already feels really good to have made that progress! I caught myself looking at flannel in JoAnns today, and had to make myself walk away despite the fact that it was 60% off! SOMEDAY maybe I can make some more of those (they're nice because they come together so quickly) but for now, I need to concentrate on using up some of the rest of the stash.

Added this week: 0 yds
Added YTD: 189.8 yds

Used this week: 23.5 yds
Used YTD: 336.7 yds

Net busted: 146.9 yds

Don't expect any progress this week, as I am entering into a fairly unknown (for me) territory: due to a small costume crisis I am now busy trying to make a penguin costume by Thursday night - if I can just keep reminding myself to use 5/8" seams, I think I'll pull it off!

10 comments:

Donna said...

Love the black/white/red quilt! Good job using all that stash.

KatieQ said...

I love the stack and whack blocks. It's amazing how different they look from the original fabric.

Mary-Kay said...

At first I thought the stack and whack was a solid square until I looked at the next picture. Very nice! Have fun with the penguin costume. I helped my friend make a Christmas tree costume for her daughter. I'm glad my boys are past that stage.

Kathy said...

Good luck on the halloween costume...I love the b/w/r quilt..do you remember what the black fabric line is? My daughter would love it!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Great job busting this week. I like the B/W/R top. On of my next projects will be with the same colors.

Unknown said...

WOW, you have been busy!

Lori said...

WOW you past up a 60% sale. Giving you 2 GOLD stars. Glad it wasn't me, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with 20 yards of Powderpuff girls. :-)

Lynne in Hawaii said...

Love the stacknwhack and the black/white/red quilt. Thanks for the stash report. I just love reading everyone's report each week.

You might think about making burp cloths with the left over pieces of flannel. They are quick and easy as making flannel blankets...just smaller.

Lori in South Dakota said...

congratulations on the finishes for project Linus. And I love music themed quilts. Guess it reminds me how much I loved music in school, and DD playing the piano. I really MISS that!

Judy D in WA said...

I love the SnW...I just took my book out today after watching a one block wonder being made. I've never made one but now I am looking for fabric. :)
The r/w/bl is a great color combo. Isn't having a stash great!!