Haven't posted for about 2 months, as I've not had a lot of anything to report. First, I was doing some handquilting on a baby quilt, then I made and hand-quilted 5 Christmas tablerunners (pictures to come shortly, now that they are gifted). I did buy two more yards of green for binding the table runners, but each used about 1/2 yard of fabric. My last post included 146 yds busted, so I think I am declaring my total bust for the year to be 150 yds. My original goal was 250, which was rather ambitious. BUT - I actually used over 300 yds this year; I just derailed myself with purchases. I did use up lots of flannel and fleece, which I am not replacing, so that frees up a lot of space and feels good. I'm quite happy with the final results - and it's the first time in several years that I have actually used more than I bought.
For 2010, my goal is to bust 150 yds out of my stash. Much of it will go to make lap-sized charity quilts, which will not go as fast as the flannel and fleece did this year. And at the end of the year, all the fabric has to fit in one room, and whatever is left needs to actually be organized, instead of one giant, haphazard pile stuffed into the closet!
No comments:
Post a Comment