Sunday, October 4, 2009

Stashbusting Report 2009-10-04

Hmm - going in the wrong direction still, but I bought 1.3 yds to back the Stack-n-Whack baby quilt. I was having a very hard time deciding which of my two accent fabrics to use, since the main block is a black with flowers and the other two are pale yellow and kind of lime green, and I'll be hand-quilting this. I didn't want my quilting to really stand out, but with the black versus a light color, it would show on one side or the other. So I got some more of the black to use for the back and will quilt it with a medium green.

Here's a sneak peek at the fabric I'm using for the S&W. The print-to-solid ratio is a little small, but there are some really neat blocks coming out of it:


I don't have anything to report as used, but I did make a bit of forward progress on a couple projects. And I finished a small crocheted afghan that used up three skeins of yarn, so that is a different bit of stash busted!

But this will be the week I get past the 100 yd net mark again - I'm sure of it!

Added this week: 1.3 yds
Added YTD: 189.8 yds

Used this week: 0 yds
Used YTD: 276.7 yds

Net bust YTD: 86.9 yds

No comments: