Monday, October 12, 2009

Design Wall Monday


On my Design Wall (aka the back of the couch) I have two little orphan Stack n Whack blocks, left over from a baby quilt I'm making. I think I may have a couple more by the time I'm done. I was thinking about turning them into a doll blanket, but need some guidance there.

My son just started kindergarten, and I think they do a Christmas shopping event for the kids to purchase gifts for family members and raise funds for PTO. So I thought maybe a couple doll blankets would be a good thing to donate for that. Can anyone tell me from experience if that's a good idea, or not such a good use of my time/resources? And what size, approximately, is good? Should I make a pillow too? I don't want to waste my time making something that doesn't appeal to anyone else!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooh I really like the one on the right, the outsides almost look like tiny ice cream cones! :-) I can't really advise on the blanket thing other than I always think a matching blanket and pillow are good. :-)