Sunday, September 27, 2009

Goals for this Week

Been a couple weeks since I posted goals, but I've gotten a lot done!

First, here are two flannel blankets, machine sewn and top-stitched (I don't think it really counts as quilting, since it was just basic lines). One I sewed on the diagonal, and liked how it came out:





Here's another little flannel blanket I completed several weeks ago. That gray flannel might be the softest fabric I've ever worked with. This was part of a group designed to use up some small pieces of batting and flannel:


This was also designed to use up flannel and batting:



And using up some green print and pink fabrics (you'll see more of the pink - it's an awfully big piece!):


So checking my goals from last time I posted them:
1. Finish that last fleece. COMPLETE!
2. Finish the ABC flannel blanket COMPLETE!
3. Finish the dinos flannel blanket COMPLETE!
4. Finish the pink squares blanket COMPLETE!
5. Cut the Stack & Whack squares COMPLETE!
6. Cut the setting blocks for Black-White-Read All Over COMPLETE!
7. Start trimming the ends of the flannel that I washed last week COMPLETE!

Took three weeks to do it, but I really finished all my goals - including finally cutting those S&W blocks I've been talking about for months. And I even sewed them into the main blocks and I LOVE them! It's a gift for a baby who was born about 6 months ago so I really need to get this one moving.

Goals for this week are pretty limited, since hubby is in Germany for the week. But hopefully I'll get in a little sewing time to:
1. Add corner triangles to 9 S&W blocks (enough to make a baby blanket)
2. Decide on a layout for B-W-RAO
3. Start sewing the flannel (which will get me moving on the stashbusting number again).

Happy sewing!

No comments: