Sunday, March 29, 2009

Stashbusting Report 2009-03-29

So, I'm having major backslide and I actually blame it on trying to use up my stash.

See, I came across these two blocks, which are the only two I bought out of a BOM from Joann's a couple years ago:


And I thought I should make something out of them. But I needed fabric to go with them. So I went off to Joann's, and found one of the fabrics that was in the original blocks, plus a couple more that will go. So I got this:


Basically, I added 8.5 yards so I can use up less than 1/4 yard out of my stash. I don't think this is an efficient way to meet my goal!

It's been several weeks since I posted, so I'm just listing my YTD totals:
Total Added YTD 128.25
Total Used YTD 157.375

Net Used YTD 29.125
GOAL 250

Guess I need to rethink my strategy if I'm going to make it to my goal for the year.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I laughed when I read what you had done!!! It's not a bad thing - that you bought fabric to go with your blks, but, could you have made them into a pillow?? Used them as backing, if you like pieced backs? Or, do what you did, get more fabrics to add to your stash and make another project to use up your stash!!

It's just building your stash to give your more stuff to make your magic! it's not a bad thing! And t made me laugh!! thanks for the smile!! I like your report!!!