I got the sashing strips sewn on the piano key pieces, and have them ironed. Next up is the last sewing on this top - attaching the four border pieces to the top. That will be today's project. Bonus if I get the bundle made with back and binding and note the project in my list of to-tie items.
I've started thinking about what's next, of course. There are either one or two more baseball quilts still to come out of this fabric (preferably one, as long as I can make it look cohesive and use up the rest of the baseball fabric). But I'm going to detour over to a different project, I think - some bright batik strips that Sis rescued from a Walmart that would otherwise have thrown them out. I'm pairing them with some white left over from the 2nd grade quilts. I started a version of Warm Wishes, but just don't like it. So now I'm going to try to make a top where it looks woven together. This will require a bit of unpicking, and I would have cut the batiks slightly differently if I had made this the original plan - but I'm going to try it since I'm curious to see how it will look!
No comments:
Post a Comment