Sunday, August 31, 2014

2014 Sewing Weekend - Day Three

Day 3 of sewing, and I finally got around to taking a picture of the stack of fabrics we are using.  Every time I walked by the neatly ironed and folded stack for the last couple of weeks, I thought I should take a picture - but never did.  I am very much enjoying these colors!


Today's sewing achievements were one completed D9P top, made with just the dark turquoise, bright green, and yellow.  We also made good progress on another, which will use this block as the base:

This wasn't part of the original plan but I screwed up and made the green-blue-green strip set.  It was two yards long!  I didn't really want to rip out 2 yards of stitches, so I came up with an idea of how to use it.  This top is pieced into 9 rows right now, which should go together pretty quickly tomorrow.

Sis had to work today (yay for people who work in hospitals, including weekends and holidays!) so came over a little before dinner.  She got three more tops tied, including this one that was designed by D and one of our pieced achievements from yesterday:


All seven tied tops have been trimmed and are ready for binding attachment in the morning.  With the three additional tops that have been completed, I think we can be pretty pleased with our accomplishments this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome weekend with my girls and families. Many thanks also to the Dads who did a lot of child supervision, entertainment, and cooking! Mom