Saturday, September 6, 2014

Quick Blanket for D

While out shopping for fabric one day (in fact, the day I got the set of bright fabrics that used for this year's Linus sewing weekend), D saw some Hello Kitty fabrics and REALLY wanted me to make her a blanket.  Since I have not actually made a blanket for her, I allowed myself to be guilted into saying yes.  She picked these two fabrics - the white is flannel and the black is fleece.  What the heck was I going to do with that?  I ended up cutting squares of each, with the fleece about 10" bigger.  I did a straight row of stitching across every other yellow row just to keep the pieces from shifting too much, then folded the black fleece around and did a fancy squared zigzag stitch right on the edge.  She was thrilled, and I'm happy that she is happy.  I have no idea how long this will hold up, but she has slept under it almost every night since I made it for her so I guess it was worth the time invested!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Creating many smiles! Mom