Day 2 of our sewing weekend started with this beautiful sight: Sis and D tying a quilt that L designed, pieced by Mom and me. And look at the color coordination between D's pajamas and sis's shirt and the quilt back!
One of today's projects was to layout some blocks that were leftover from when I made the 3rd Grade quilt. The pieced blocks I designed to use up leftovers. I had to add the aqua and a few pieces of yellow to get this to come out big enough and evenly use up the green. It works, I think, and officially empties a project bin so I am very happy. We started piecing it together tonight, but made only a little progress - there are 192 squares in this I think, so this will take a little longer to get put together. It will be tomorrow's piecing project.
Mom and I got two tops assembled today. One is a 9x9 block design that D created. The other is a Disappearing 9-Patch. Mom doesn't like that name, because she keeps looking for the 9-Patch block (despite the fact that it has, by definition, DISAPPEARED). (Love you Mom!) So we need a new name for this pattern so she can like it. This is actually the wrong side in the picture below:
Sis got four quilts tied, including a larger one that Mom is making for herself. She started on a fifth, which will get finished tomorrow. Here is the stack of four that are done, waiting to be trimmed and have binding on the front. Funny - there seems to be a green theme, though that wasn't intentional.

Number 5, half tied:
Mom and I also got two more quilts layered and pin basted, so Sis will have plenty to work on when she comes back over tomorrow afternoon.
Great to see so much progress. Tomorrow will be some trimming and binding, plus piecing the blue and green top and maybe a second to-be-named-but-not-disappearing-nine-patch top!

No comments:
Post a Comment