Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Laura's Wallhanging

It's been a long time since I've posted, mainly due to adding school in on top of everything else.  I've snuck in a bit of time for sewing, but most of that time was working on two gift quilts and making this year's 2nd grade quilt.  I have one more "have-to-do" item - a wallhanging for the daughter of a friend, using blocks signed at her wedding.  The goal is now to have this done by the end of July so my friend can hand-deliver it in early August when she travels to see her daughter.

I've downloaded the Blogger app in the hopes that it will make blogging easier - still will type on the computer, but the fact that I can take pictures straight into a draft post might make it just a little easier and therefore more likely to get done!

I got all the pieces cut a couple weeks ago, using leftovers from a bedspread my friend made for her daughter.  There will be stars as cornerstones, and a gray fabric from the quilt as sashing.

I'm paper-piecing it - my only hope of getting it to be reasonably accurate as I put it together!  I am really enjoying working with these colors:


D helped me lay out the colored squares today; it took a couple tries but finally we found a layout we liked.  Just realized I took this picture when two of the columns were over at the machine.  Three of the five columns are now assembled and trimmed - now I feel like this is going somewhere!

No comments: