Zac is the son of a friend and former coworker. He turned three last November. This quilt was supposed to be for when he was born.
Actually, I have a different top that is completed, and then I didn't like it. So I had to start over. This is the same bug fabric I used for Stormy's quilt, and in fact is basically the same pattern, but the orange and green are reversed. Luckily, one is a friend from college who lives in another city, one is a friend from work who lives here. I worried about things being on facebook if either tagged me, but decided to risk it.
I finally SAW Zac and his mom last week, so quickly wrote on the label (the label was ON, just not written) and wrapped it up. Fun part about him being older - he was so excited! He hugged it and immediately wanted to wear it like a cape, and didn't let it go the rest of the time I was there. So I feel really good about getting it to him, even if it was late!
I absolutely love this striped binding - so much that when I found a vendor at the guild quilt show last year had it, I bought 5 more yards. That should bind quite a few quilts!
Forgive me the streaks of sun - it was so NICE to have sun and I didn't feel like closing the blinds for this picture.
The pattern is Warm Wishes, one I use a lot - it so easy to put together and a great way to use a kid-friendly focused fabric. In fact, last time I was at the fabric store I saw some really cute, bright hedgehogs that would look GREAT in this pattern - will have to see if they're still there next time I go....
No comments:
Post a Comment