Sunday, November 6, 2011

Design Wall Monday 2011-11-07

I'm posting for DWM!  Lately I have mostly been working on a secret project, so I couldn't put up anything.  I put it away for now, and have done some clean-up in the sewing area, and organized some projects into bins, and have re-prioritized them at least 6 times already.  But one thing I really wanted to finish up was my first hexie project, a table runner.  I mostly made it to test the applique process before I try to applique the lap-size top onto borders.  This weekend I pulled it out and put the white sashing and borders on.  I really took my time, and my mitered corners look darn good if I do say so myself!  I will start marking it for hand quilting next time I get quilting time; I have at least most of what I want to do figured out.  The colors/fabric patterns do not look right in this picture, but at least you get an idea:

2 comments:

Amy said...

The table runner is lovely!

AnnieO said...

Very pretty! I've not attempted mitred corners yet but plan to with my current quilt--but only because the pattern calls for it!