Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stashbusting Report 2011-11-06

I've been sewing lately, but spent several weeks working on the secret Halloween project which was not ready for this year.  Sigh.  Maybe by next year?  I just need to figure out what to do about the curved binding that looked awful on my first try, and I'll be moving along pretty quickly.

I joined a local quilt guild in October, and am very excited about it - just something fun for me to do.  I managed to not get signed up for very much at this point, though I'm sure I'll slowly get sucked in....   But as part of the charity efforts of the guild, they collect pillowcases, and they actually did a quick demonstration and handed out directions.  I know there are a lot of groups collecting pillowcases, but I hadn't figured out how to make them without raw edges inside to fray - this system has you sew it together wrong sides together first, then turn it inside out and sew a wider seam, encasing the raw edges.  I think someone called ia French seam?  Anyway, I couldn't wait to try it myself, and it worked beautifully - and used a yard of fabric in about an hour!  The cuff in this picture is actually a really pretty purple:


I also finished the binding on another small charity quilt, so that is a 1.25 yds used.  For a total of:

Used this week: 2.25 yds
Used YTD: 152.8 yds

Added this week:  0
Added YTD:  101.5 yds

Net busted:  51.3 yds

I do have a problem: I just learned a brand-new quilt store will be opening, one mile away from the daycare we use and directly between work and there.  And buying fabric is such a good way to deal with stress before I pick up the kids.  Guess I better get much busier with the sewing!!!

Haven't posted or linked up to Judy's page in a while, but I am really trying to keep at it!

No comments: