Funny - it looks much more like I planned it in this picture. In real life, the yellow "X" isn't as striking.
So I've been marching along using up stash, and then I went in to my son's first grade class this week. Like I did last year when he was in Kindergarten, I invited the kids to help me design some simple quilts - this is a lesson in geometry and symmetry and teamwork since they were in groups of 4. L, of course, was thrilled to have HIS mom doing something with the class, and the kids seemed to have fun and think it was something neat. For simplicity's sake, and to prevent any disappointment over one group getting different fabric than another, I decided to buy a set of fabrics specifically for this project. I was trying to be careful - the 6 small quilts will need about 15 yards of fabric - but I ended up coming home with 23 yds. Oops. Oh well - it will get used! Here are the fabrics - the circles will be the borders, and the designs the kids came up with will be posted tomorrow as part of Design Wall Monday.
I'm still tracking every week, even those that I don't post and link to Patchwork Times!
Added this week: 23 yds
Added YTD: 60.8 yds
Used this week: 1.2 yds
Used YTD: 66.4 yds
Net Busted: 5.6 yds - Still in the black - Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment