Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Design Wall Monday 2011-05-23

This is a very special flower - it is the last one for the GFG I'm working on!


And HERE is the assembly, almost complete.  I did it in two major sections to prevent too much fraying on the early pieces.  Now I *just* need to sew the two pieces together, applique it onto a white border, and then add one more border.  And of course, hand quilt and bind it.  I think we are around the one-year anniversary for this project; hopefully it will be done before it celebrates a second one!


In the quicker-quilts news, I finished one more comfort quilt top, and used up a bunch of 2.5" squares.  This finished size is about 32 x 34, but it sure is bright!  Up close, it doesn't look quite so muddy - the one fabric has printed triangles on it.



You can visit Patchwork Times to see what others are working on!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Love your little hexies! They are a lot of work aren't they? Maybe I should haul mine back out & resume the hand stitching!