Monday, November 8, 2010

Design Wall Monday 2010-11-08

Dashing off a quick post this morning - if I'm late to work, we'll know why!

Finished the elephant costume in time for Halloween, so now I get to go back to sewing.  The head is from a costume when I was a kid that my mom made, and just required some rehab; I made the bodysuit new.  The ladybug (with upside down wings here) was purchased.


I have two projects that I want to get done by Christmas - not unreasonable, but I bet I'll be struggling to get them done.  Yesterday, I pulled out some Christmas Stack-n-Whack blocks to make a wallhanging, and started back to work on them.  I noticed as I took this picture that the top right one is pretty uneven - white in half the blocks and not the rest, so I'm not sure it will be useable - good thing I've planned to make extra!

Uh oh - as I wrote this I just remembered another project to get done by the end of this month.  I have a few vacation days left, guess I know what I'll be using at least one of them for!

8 comments:

Chris said...

I love stack and whack quilts. It look phenomenal!

Nina Marie said...

OMG that elephant rocks - very cool that you got to recycle a costume that you wore as a child!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Stack and whack is fabulous!
glen

AnnieO said...

Fantastic job on the elephant costume! What fun.

The stack n Whack looks good, though it's a bit hard to tell what all the colors are in the fabric. Hope you make the finish you desire!

Denise :) said...

The stack and whack blocks look like fun! Great job on the costume! :)

Barb in Mi said...

The costumes are too cute!
And the Stack and whack blocks look great - I would use all of them!
Did you manage to go to Project Linus on Saturday? I couldn't squeeze it in - just too much going on...

Diane said...

the stack and whack is going to be beautiful.

Unknown said...

The Christmas Stack 'n Whack is stunning! I want to see more blocks!