
Now, if someone were to actually count all those stupid little HSTs, they might notice there are only 173 instead of the 192 called for. This would be because some of them were too small, so I have to remake them. But my white piece is cutting it close on being enough, and I don't want to cut into it more until I see the step where we cut the corner squares, too.
This is my first try at making HSTs, so 173 out of 192 is probably a pretty good first try. But I find it very annoying to have had to square them up since I couldn't sew them accurately enough on the first try, and to have to redo anything. I'm hoping I'll be able to use the duds in the border - maybe I can make the strip, then fudge the inner border or add one extra to make the length work out right. I can hear Mom telling me 'do it right or do it over' and 'practice makes perfect' and her favorite - 'just think of it as a growth opportunity!' Love ya, Mom!
3 comments:
OOH! You forgot "it would be in your best interest..."
The Sister
Always good to see that some of those pearls of wisdom that I shared with you two over the years have stuck, at least in some fashion... LOL, Love, Mom
ROFL--your bear paws are going about like mine! Glad someone finally noticed my mistake on the irish chain blocks. I noticed it too and fixed it, and then WAITED to see if anyone said anything! teehee! My third mistake in the last three projects! I am jinxed lately!
Post a Comment