Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Part of the reason I created this blog is to join Judy's 2009 Stashbusting challenge. I've never done serious stashbusting before, but having used fabric shopping as a stress-reducer when I need to get out of the house with my kids, it needs to be done!

My Goal: Reduce my stash by 250 yds by 12-31-09.

My rules:
1. Every project I make must include at least 50% material from my stash.
2. It doesn't count until I actually finish the quilt/blanket. This prevents me from simply starting projects and leaving them half done. However, this may result in no progress for several weeks, then a huge leap forward.
3. I plan to make a bunch of Christmas table runners for next year - I'm allowed to purchase new for them since I don't have much Christmas stash.
4. Anything I've already started counts. (It's fabric stored in the room at the moment, so finishing and getting it out meets the goal!)
5. All fabric usage counts - flannel and fleece for Project Linus blankets, as well as anything pieced into quilts.
6. I can break these rules and shop for fabric if it is the only alternative to causing my children bodily harm.

I have almost 50 yds of flannel started for some blankies for Project Linus, so that will give me a good start on this when I can get them done!

3 comments:

Diane said...

I love that you leave yourself and out if it will cause harm to your children to stay out of the quilt shops! LOL I quilt as a stress reliever also. I have not signed up yet only because want to think about it and make a serious goal. Good luck with your goal!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Love your goals, especially the last one! ;0) Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, This is a great site and a great project! Can't wait to see more projects and numbers! Love, Mom