Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A little project

Sis wanted a small bag in which she could carry a few essentials when she walks her dogs.  I found a simple pattern at the LQS, and decided it should have a small pocket added for easy access to a few treats.  I had a triangle-shaped piece left when I cut the main bag piece, so the pocket is a triangle!


Both kids helped - L with the pattern layout and cutting; D with the assembly, and also the staging of the photos!


A proud helper:


The strap was also my addition, and is actually the ends are loose - she can adjust how long they are by simply retying the knot.  The picture below has the truest colors:


D picked the orange button.  A piece of velcro for the closure will hopefully be quick and easy to open/close one-handed, since she'll have about 150 pounds of dogs at the end of the two leashes in her other hand!


This was a fun little project to make - I might need to make up a few more to have on hand as gifts

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sis says: This bag is PERFECT!!!! It's lightweight, little, easy to open and close, and so bright and fun! A couple other dog walkers have stopped me to ask about it and I tell them it was custom-made! It is so much cuter than I had hoped; I was hoping for function and I got that plus fashion! Love using it - it's perfect, and I love knowing you and the kids all worked on it!