One of my goals was to make 4 12" (finished) blocks for a QOV collection that my guild is doing. I would love to make a full quilt, but I don't know when I will be able to focus on that so participating in the guild's joint effort is a good way to do something now! A couple weekends ago, the kiddios helped me make 4 blocks - one pattern, colored and/or turned a couple different ways. Right now, I think I will take 2 blocks to guild and keep the other 2; maybe I'll keep picking away at it and end up with something that adds up!
Son L was the chief iron-er; Daughter D was the "pattern master" in charge of keeping pieces in the right order, and also in charge of cutting apart the various pieces as I was chain piecing.
We made 2 of these, the pattern came from The Quilter's Cache:
Then we reversed the colors (and apparently the stripe block, though that wasn't intentional):
But D and I liked this arrangement better, so the second block with the red corners has a different layout:
This was a fun project with the kids, and doing just a few was a reasonable goal - it will probably show up again this fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment