Thanks to a really great boss, I am working from home today. We got about 9" of snow yesterday/last night, twice what they were calling for. The roads have had very little attention apparently. I could get to work, but it takes forever because the roads become parking lots and it wastes a lot of time. Boss-man texted our group at 5:30 that anyone who wants/needs to work from home can. What a guy! So I'm actually home in the morning to post a Design Wall, and I actually took a picture the other day so I have something to post.
First - a question since I usually post much later on Mondays: do you go back at the end of the day or later in the week to see all the posts, or do you only read the ones that are put up in the morning? Sometimes I wonder if it is worth writing a post if I'm not going to get it up and linked until 10 pm or even Tuesday morning.
This is my first GFG / English Paper Piecing project. I am REALLY enjoying it. This was designed just to try out the process, and will be a lap-quilt size. It will be 23 whole flowers plus some pieces to make it mostly square. I figure I'm about halfway done so far:
I am absolutely loving this technique, even if it is more about the journey than having a finished project. I've started a second one, which will be based on smaller hexies in a diamond layout and will sort of be a sampler of the different fabrics I've used. And I have at least two more potential hexie projects. I'm hooked! One note - I am currently using cardstock for my templates based on a suggestion I saw online about durability. They do get kind of bent and dont have a lot of give when they're in the fabric, so the whole thing doesn't lay very flat but so far it seems to be ok once I get the papers out.
Check out what others are working on this week at Patchwork Times!

15 comments:
I don't always read the posts, but I do look in to see what is on other people's design walls - I find it interesting and fun.
I also will go and look later the next day to see if anyone else linked in.
There are so many designs now that I try to read ten at a time, usually breaking it into three times a days. By Wednesday I've at least checked on everyone. And I have favorites I check on every week--and miss them if they don't submit anything.
I often check throughout the day, and even sometimes the next day.
I read them in batches as I have time and sometimes go back days or weeks later to read what I haven't seen. There are always so many great ideas out there.
Love the hexagon project. I'm in the middle of one myself. Regarding late posts. I am often still checking posts on Wednesday or Thursday. I find that it is sometimes overwhelming to check out 80+ design walls in a single day. I need time to digest them and decide what projects are going on my "To Do" list. So, keep posting late in the day!
I read all the posts, 10 at a time. Sometimes I am done early but usually it takes me all week. And I comment if I have something to say (and there are not more than 20 comments before me).
I like your hexies. My evening time is taken up with the computer so I don't do much handwork but I love seeing what others do with them.
I read the posts 5 at a time and keep track of what number I last viewed - sometimes it takes me all week to get through, so keep on posting, even if it is late!
I usually check the posts in snatches of time. I try to do it all on Monday but sometimes I just can't get around to all! Since I usually post later in the morning or sometimes MOnday night, I read the late entrants like me first sometimes.
I haven't gotten bit by the hexie bug yet but do have a kit for one flower I picked up at a quilt show last year...
I go back and read them all, so keep posting!
I try to read them all but sometimes just don't have enough time. I usually do it over a couple of days.
I also read in batches of 10. depending on what else isgoing on it can take me all week to read all but I always try to.
It takes me a few days to read through DWM so I think it's definitely worth posting even if it's Tuesday or Wednesday!
I do the same as most of the others, 10 at a time, over the course of a couple of days. And sometimes, I start and read the first 10, then the last ten, and alternate, and work my way towards the middle. My computer changes the colour of the posts I've looked ast, so I don't need to keep track. So, keep on posting and we'll keep on reading
I read them 5 or 10 at a time too, and check several times a day until I've read them all. So don't stop, even if you aren't first.
Beautiful GFG! I read a few every night when I am relaxing and pretending to pay bills LOL - But I get to all of them before the end of the week. I love the eye candy!
Post a Comment