Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Design Wall Monday 2010-09-27

After many weeks of the walking foot being on the machine, I have finished machine quilting and binding for a while.  I did some cleaning - tried to get the fleece and flannel bits out of the self-healing mat, vacuumed, changed out the rotary cutter blade, cleaned and oiled my machine, put in a new needle (why, oh why am I so stingy with needles?) and gave a big sigh of relief!  I have 5 projects identified to work on now as my priorities, but of course my eye keeps wandering to where I have stuff to make some more charity/stash-busting quilts.

My first priority is a baby gift quilt.  It was SO enjoyable to be working in a clean area and the blade cut so easily, and this is using good quality LQS fabric, which is wonderful to work with.  This will be a D9P, using 3.5" strips, and alternating the placement of the yellow and blue fabrics.  I had a few minutes to start sewing the strips yesterday, and they are going together very nicely:
Hmm - looking at the picture, the gold is rather more intense than I had planned - hopefully once it gets cut down it won't be so noticeable!

The baby is a boy, and I wanted to stick with something that wouldn't scream baby.  This will finish at about 40"x60".  Baby is due just before Christmas - it would be so nice to actually be done ahead of time for once...

I'm late linking to DWM, but there are lots of other things to see there!

No comments: