Sunday, July 26, 2009

Stashbusting Report 2009-07-26

First, the numbers:

Added this week: 0
Added YTD: 161.5 yds

Busted this week: 8.5 yds
Busted YTD: 222.1 yds

Net Bust YTD: 60.6 yds

My Goal was a Net Bust of 250 yds for the year. Calculated it out that I'd have to do about 8 yds a week for the rest of the year - not too likely to happen, but I'm still tracking, and I think I'm way ahead of where I'd be if I wasn't tracking.

The big finish this week was the binding on the last couple of Linus Weekend blankets. I have pictures of most of them - not sure what happened to the other ones, so I guess I'll have to retake them. The total was 15, plus one that we ended up giving to my sister because we thought it was just right for her (I replaced it with another, so we didn't feel guilty).

The weekend's project was this pink, orange, and floral that my sister picked out - not something my mom or I would have put together, but we loved the final product. We kind of did a theme-and-variations: four quilts, four different looks.





We also finished up some other quilts from various tops, most using up miscellaneous pieces of fabric:





Here are two more tops out of last year's fabric combo. The second one was designed to use up the swirls - I didn't even have a square inch left once that quilt was done!



And here's the substitute quilt - I had to machine top-stitch it since sister Annie wasn't available to tie it (she lives four hours away).



Here's the whole stack of 15, including two tied fleece:


WE DONE GOOD, LADIES!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's IMPRESSIVE! You have done such a great job with busting... even if you don't make the goal you have made huge progress... GOOD JOB! It feels really good to see that big stack of blankets to help kids.