Friday, February 14, 2020

Green & Orange & Blue #3

This is the third and final quilt from this set of fabric - the center blocks were the theme fabric from a second-grade quilt a couple years ago, and the rest was either in the quilt or picked to coordinate with it.  This quilt is a little smaller than the other two, at 40" x 56" because that is how many blocks I had left!  I actually like this layout the best.  It is quilted using a decorative zigzag stitch and an ombre blue thread.  Delivered to Mom to hand-sew the binding.  




That makes 3 quilts done for the year, and 13 yards total out.

This weekend is some sewing time with Mom - hoping to work on a quilt that is actually for me, and maybe get another top going.  I have some more tops finished that are ready to be quilted, but not enough to fulfill the entire goal and I don't want to use up all the "easy" wins too early in the year!

No comments: