Sunday, January 26, 2020

2nd Quilt of 2020 done!

OK, technically not done, but done as far as I am going, because Mom will hand-sew the binding to the back.  This is the second of the three from this set of fabric.  I accidentally sewed it together backwards - I meant for the rows to go from top left to bottom right but I wasn't going to rip it apart once I realized what I had started.


This is machine quilted in a large spiral, following the edges of the inset squares.  It has a nice weight and drape to it, and will go to Project Linus.

The quilting is a light green thread in my favorite decorative stitch.


I've switched up how I'm counting fabric used - previously, I counted the top when it was done, and the back and binding when they were done.  But I like making tops more than doing the rest, so ended up with a large pile of completed tops and no plan to finish them.  So this year, the entire thing gets counted when the entire thing is done.  That will be more consistent with the idea of finished items being ready to leave the house!  One more top out of this fabric to be quilted, and it is already layered and ready to work on.

No comments: