I am finding some limited amounts of time to work on hand sewing, and decided to try applique having seen so many beautiful projects. I discovered pretty quickly that I wasn't enjoying trying to get shapes perfect. Mom suggested I try Celtic Interlace, since it uses bias strips and I liked that part. This is from Philomena Durcan's book "Celtic Quilt Designs." I LOVE THIS! It is pretty slow, but so easy to pull out and work on whenever I get a few minutes. The block, finished, will be about 17". The book has 20 different designs, so I have to decide how many I'm going to make, and what to do with them - but I see this as something I will be doing a lot more of!
The light aqua circle is completely sewn down. I've made it about 1/4 of the way around on one side of the dark aqua strip. I'm not fast, but I'm definitely speeding up and getting smoother.
2 comments:
Hand sewing is so relaxing, nice job with the colors, I'll have to check this book out. I hope you enjoy the process and each block gets more and more fun.
Happy sewing
We must have the same book! I have done that knot, although in different colors. Yours are great... almost electric.
Post a Comment